Lincoln East High School International Business Alliance Program
It is our mission to fix and rejuvenate international businesses by providing solutions to their most prominent problems. Our friendly, action-oriented, and creative staff will do more than just satisfy our business partners that we work with.
Our International Business Alliance Program Partner The Birshi Fish Farming Group
Birshi Fish Farm Statistics
- Business Type: Fish Farm
- Business Owner: Sani Abdu
- Location: Birshi Village, Bauchi State Nigeria
- Business Production Capacity: About 2500 fish per harvest. 2 Harvests per Year
- Number of People Employed: 12
- People Directly Benefiting from the Business: 32
- Employees’ Children who are attending school: 24
- To produce high quality, fresh, nutrient-rich foods vital to community food security.
- To ensure an affordable and dependable supply of food.
- To expedite agricultural reform and recovery in the Birshi community.
After being advised about the widespread health risk and problems associated with Vitamin B deficiencies, local business leaders decided to establish a fish farm. As a result, the availability of Vitamin B has improved significantly and sources of affordable, nutritious foods have become readily available, thus leading to an overall healthier community. In addition, unemployment rates have been reduced, community members have been inspired to open new businesses to augment income from other occupations such as subsistence farming, which, in the past, was there only source of livelihood.
Like what we do, help us bring in experts to train emerging business owners in the developing word!