TMI-The Episcopal School of Texas
Our mission is to make a more unified, successful world through economic growth and international friendships. As a group, we are going to work with our business partners and mentors to efficiently create solutions that will raise revenue in an upcoming business in a third world country. We are going to work as a team in all aspects, which include and are not limited to fundraising, communications with our business associates, brainstorming on special projects, contacting local media to ensure our project is known throughout the community, and assisting each other in our college endeavors. We plan to collaborate with each other to ensure that our work and its results are for the sole benefit of our partners, and that due to our work ethic and stamina, our business partners will thrive in their economical atmosphere.
Our International Business Alliance Program Partner The Birshi Fish Farming Group
Birshi Fish Farm Statistics
- Business Type: Fish Farm
- Business Owner: Sani Abdu
- Location: Birshi Village, Bauchi State Nigeria
- Business Production Capacity: About 2500 fish per harvest. 2 Harvests per Year
- Number of People Employed: 12
- People Directly Benefiting from the Business: 32
- Employees’ Children who are attending school: 24
- To produce high quality, fresh, nutrient-rich foods vital to community food security.
- To ensure an affordable and dependable supply of food.
- To expedite agricultural reform and recovery in the Birshi community.
After being advised about the widespread health risk and problems associated with Vitamin B deficiencies, local business leaders decided to establish a fish farm. As a result, the availability of Vitamin B has improved significantly and sources of affordable, nutritious foods have become readily available, thus leading to an overall healthier community. In addition, unemployment rates have been reduced, community members have been inspired to open new businesses to augment income from other occupations such as subsistence farming, which, in the past, was there only source of livelihood.
Like what we do, help us bring in experts to train emerging business owners in the developing word!